Monday, July 24, 2006

An original pattern

Well, the last few days here have been hot. Really, really, really hot. Yesterday broke 100 degrees. While that may not seem like such a big deal to those who live in hotter climates, I live in Western Washington. We are known for our cool weather, and lots of rain. Seriously though. I'm always meeting people who come from other states that come up here for the summer, expecting it to be hot. It rarely is. I remember one couple who came down here in July, but didn't bring any sweatshirts. Needless to say, within two days of being here they went out and bought sweatshirts. :D

But the past few days have been insanely hot. And since the Northwest is usually so cool, we don't have AC. Luckily though, we have a little above ground pool, so when it get's unbearable (even in front of the fan) we can go swimming.

Luckily, the heat wave will soon be over.

In other news, I made my first toe-up sock! It's a lacy cotton anklet sock, started and finished today! It's a little big, but it fits, and more importantly, not only is it my first toe up sock it's my own pattern! My very first, designed all by myself pattern! So you see, even if it is a little big (I started the heel about an inch or so too late) that's okay. Cause it's a genuine, one-of-a-kind Sarah pattern. :D

Tomorrow Later today I'll post pics.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...