Sunday, December 12, 2010

Knitting - Yggdrasil, Great American Aran Afghan and more

There's been a lot of knitting going on around here lately! I've cast on for a new project, Yggdrasil (Ravelry link). It's turning out well so far, even if my cables aren't perfect. I'm using an acrylic yarn, but I'm still hoping blocking will smooth it out a bit. I'll just have to wait and see.

So far, I'm half way through round 35. Only a handful of rows to go before I'm finished with the tree branches. Then I can look forward to lots of stockinette stitch, then it's time for the roots and after that the center will be done!

Pretty soon I will also resume Gaaa, or the Great American Aran Afghan. Unfortunately it did not get finished in time for my graduation. I'll just keep plugging away on it until it's done. I've only completed two blocks so far, so I have a long ways to go!

Christmas is coming, so not only am I working on Yggdrasil and Gaa, but I have a variety of other projects to complete for Christmas. More on that after Christmas; I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. I still need to finish Abby's mittens. And I need to work on my swap piece. Luckily, the hoop for the swap is small and I have until Jan 15 to complete it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...