Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Free Carousel Embroidery Pattern

Here's the Carousel Embroidery Pattern. I'm very proud of it, especially since it's my first pattern. Even though it took a lot of time, I think I'm addicted to making embroidery patterns. I would love to have a collection of my own unique embroidery designs. That would be fantastic.

I love how the detailing on the body of the carousel horse turned out. It took me a lot of hours to do, but I think it will really pay off when I stitch up this carousel. I just could not find any carousel embroidery patterns that I liked. This is a time when being an avid horse lover and rider works against me. I wanted something that was cute and fancy, but that also had the conformation of a real horse. Many of the carousel patterns I found were very distorted or over/under stylized. This one suits me perfectly.

The full size pattern is 6 1/2 inches wide by 7 1/4 inches tall. If anyone is interested, I can send you a smaller or larger size.

Feel free to take bits and pieces of the pattern, to mod it out or simplify it. I'd be ecstatic to see different interpretations of the pattern. I do ask that if you use this pattern that you:
1)
Give me credit for the design and 2) Don't use it for commercial profit.

To transfer the pattern: Print out a copy of the pattern. Use your favorite transfer method in order to copy it to your fabric. I prefer Sulky Transfer Pens, but a lightbox (or the window - the poor man's lightbox) also works well for lighter fabrics.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...