Saturday, June 10, 2006

So, it's been a long time since I posted. Life is going pretty good; if I ignore the fact that I lost us a customer today (I was helping another customer and evidently customer B had a question, but didn't want to interrupt me, so when my boss, who was in a class, said that she could have me bring out the pattern books for customer B, customer B left in a tiff (don't ask me why)). I made a $300+ sale to one customer (the one I was helping, ironically), I've started on a brand new project and has the potential to be incredibly adorable, my fair isle hat for Dulaan (pictures are coming!) is coming along beautifully, although it's due next week, and I don't think I have enough project monogamy to finish it in time. Plus, as my sorta going away present, my dad got me this 160 GB external hard drive we've been discussing. So I took all of the videos (18 GB worth) off my laptops hard drive and onto the portable one = computer working well. I'll I need to do now is to defrag the hard drive tonight.

Let's see, what else. Oh! I started on this Noni bag, and have been knitting up the bobbles for it. I didn't buy all the colors recommended in the pattern, she wanted about 16 different colors just for the bobbles. I bought eight, and I knew I already had three at home that I could use. Although you make 16 bobbles in each color it doesn't use up a lot of yarn; I'll have a lot of colors to choose from for later projects. This is one of the greatest things about this project; I'll have a crapload of Cascade 220 left that I can use for later projects.

Other news: I bought a 2 oz Turkish spindle, which I am completely in love with. It spins slowly and forever and ever and ever, creating a lightly twisted worsted weight yarn (or it will once my drafting stops sucking improves.

It's late, and I'm tired and don't feel like digging through the disaster area that is my room to grab my camera and take some pictures, but the 4 lbs of roving that moderngypsy picked up for me arrived a couple of days ago, the same day I bought the turkish spindle.

All in all, it's been a good week, and I only have two days of school (nevermind the three finals) before I'm done with BCC. High school graduation is Friday, so I'll be finished up with that then.

Tschüss

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Congrats on graduation! It'll be awesome :) And I'm glad you're a better knitter than me... I still am sticking to scarves, easy and don't look stupid even when I mess them up! Congrats again and best wishes in college!

Marie

Unknown said...

Thanks for the offer! But I don't think I'll need help. The poncho is just a giant rectangle in a simple stitch. However, when I move on to more challenging things, expect to hear from me :)

Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...