Friday, June 23, 2006

I can't say that...

...I never ripped back on the CLS.

I was going to post and say how happy I was that I hadn't needed to rip back a single time so far on my lace scarf, but guess what happened today? I forgot/skipped/added a stitch, throwing my entire pattern into chaos. Nearly all the stems (made by a slip 2 st tog kw, then k one stitch, pass slipped stitches over) were one stitch off lining up from all the previous repeats. Ironically, the misalignment of the he yarn overs wasn't as noticeable as those stems. I don't like ripping back, so usually I just compensate for my mistake (if the mistake is small and non-noticeable) later in the pattern. Not so for this lace. It was extremely apparant that I had made a mistake, so I ripped about ten rows back. Of course, I made the mistake of not counting the rows I ripped back, and just stopped when the mistake was fixed. Then I had to find where I was in the pattern, and in a lace pattern? Let me tell you, it's a pain in the ass. So much that although I ripped back this morning, I abandoned it until tonight.

Anyways, the mistake is fixed, I know where I am now, and am knitting on it once again.

Unstretched, it measures about 8 inches long. Stretched a little, or tjhe minimum of what it wil be once it's blocked, it's a foot and 2 inches.

I have another 8 rows to go before I make up what I ripped out.

And I was going to post pics, but guess what? I took the pics, they were very cute, but now I can't find my USB cord for my camera.

::sigh:: I just can't win.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...