Monday, May 22, 2006

I got a great deal today!

I got a great deal today at Half Price Books. Until today, their selection of knitting books has been so sparse and old that I've never found anything that I was even remotely tempted to buy. In fact, I don't even look there anymore when I go into the store. I go straight to the DVD's, and try to find seasons of TV shows I like for great prices, or movies that I want to buy. I'm trying to increase my DVD selection for next year when I go off to college.

Anyways, back to the story. So I went into Half Price, looked at their DVD's, and found Butterfly Effect and Serenity (which I hunt for look for every single time I'm in that store). This made me incredibly happy, so as I look around the store, I figure, what the hey? I'll go check out their knitting section.

I go over there, and guess what I find? Books that I've been eyeing at my LYS, but were more of a 'future reference' sort of idea. You know that kind of idea, when you see something in the LYS or book store and are like, 'Oh, that's supposed to be a really great book, and it would be a great addition to my collection', but suddenly you find a book that just jumps out at you and begs you to take it home. Or you reason to yourself that you don't have enough money at the moment, and eventually it will be integrated into your library. Since I've been knitting since last year, there are a lot of books, such as great reference books, that I eventually want to add to my library, but I just haven't.

I didn't find just one, or two of these books, but three of them!

I am now the proud owner of Elizabeth Zimmermann, the all-wise knitting guru, book "Knitting Without Tears"; the great compendium of multiple gauge patterns "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns", by Ann Budd, and "Knit Christmas Stockings"!

If I had bought them normally, I would have paid $56+, but I paid less than half that for all three books.

I love it when this happens.

I also bought 'Big Girl Knits', and the new RYC summer pattern book.

It has been a good couple of days for my knitting library. Maybe now it will actually take up a whole shelf.

Oh, and I didn't buy the DVD's. :D

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...