Monday, January 10, 2011

Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil is coming along very well. In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil is the world tree. Nine worlds exist around Yggdrasil. It was hard to stop knitting long enough in order to take it off the needles and take photos. I'm finally in the "purl zone". The most complex parts of this tree are in the beginning (the tree branches) and the end (the tree roots). In between are the purl rows which create the trunks of the trees. The purl rows are zipping on by; it's amazing how nice mindless knitting can be. It's been such a long time since I've knit something completely mindless. Andrea's scarf was repetitive, but I still needed to keep an eye on the chart. 
I love trees, whether it's sitting under them, climbing them, or drawing them. When I saw this pattern on Ravelry I knew immediately that I needed to knit it. I found the perfect color of green acrylic yarn at Michaels.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...