Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happiness is me

Surprisingly, I've had quite a good day. It's surprising because the day didn't start out so well. I studied the completely wrong things for my criminology exam this morning, so I was a bit annoyed about that. Unfortunately, it happens, as it was the first test of that class.

However, my calculus teacher drastically reduced the amount of homework that's due on Friday, which is also when our exam is. And I found out that I passed my Gateway, so I don't need to be bothered with that anymore. I was sure I hadn't passed it, which is what made it such a surprise.

Secondly, I made some beautiful earrings last night. I finished the Holiday Star earrings, as well as started and completed another pair of what I'm calling Purple Star earrings.

I'm simply loving my earring book. It's amazing. I'm so glad I bought it in spite of it's ad binding and the bad shape it was in. In the back, it has diagrams and explanations of several different kinds of stitches like right angle weave and brick stitch, so since I don't have any money to buy wire supplies right now, I'm going to create my own patterns for earrings using the seed beads and other beads I have on hand. I think I'm going to make at least one more pair of the Holiday earrings; I just love their design.

And lastly, I made the ones I'm calling them Sparkling Heart earrings. I love them, but I'm definitely going to have to go out and buy some wire in bulk so I can practice making wire wrapped loops. Part of the problem was that I didn't have enough space left on the head pins, but I know a lot of it was due to the fact that this is a brand new skill and I'm not used to doing it. Of course, even though on the second one (the one on the left) I left a little bit too much wire before the loop resulting in that earring being a little bit longer than the other, the wrap looks a lot better than the one on the right.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...