Friday, August 31, 2007

My gorgeous blanket

In my family, it's a tradition that we all receive fleece blankets from my mother for Christmas. Normally, they're just long pretty pieces of fleece. However the past few years my mother and I have expanded our designs. Last year we made a heavy fleece blanket using 2 pieces of fleece as well as the stuffing like stuff they use in quilting which my mind is totally blanking on. It's a very heavy, very warm blanket, and is enduring the use quite well.

This time, I wanted to make a lighter blanket, one that wasn't quite so warm.

I quickly fell in love with this fleece.

All we did was add purple flannel to the back of it, and obviously sew around the edges. It's absolutely gorgeous, and is sitting in my lap right now!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...