Thursday, December 08, 2005

My scarf and Gap sweater

So today I got over 26 rows done on my scarf. I really like how the white is zigzaging across the width of the scarf.


See the zigzag?




I also really like how the blocks are looking. Isn't it cool?

I know I'm easily impressed cause it's my first knitting project, but I like it!

I'm also taking apart a dark wine red Gap sweater that I bought at Goodwill for around $5 dollars. I got 272 yds from the first sleeve I frogged. Last night I unraveled the collar (it came apart beautifully!) and got over 80 yds just from that. Anyone want to guess how much yardage I'll get from the main pieces, ie. the back and the front? I don't know, but I'll probably find out tomorrow.

So I washed the yarn from the sleeve and collar, and hung them up to dry.

I'll hopefully put some better pics up tomorrow. My house depends a lot on natural light, so all these pictures I've taken (all at night) have been darker than they should be.

I'll put up more pics tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have another 20 or so rows on my scarf done.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...