Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Springtime Pillow

This is the pillow I was making my mother for Christmas. Previously discussed here. I did find a green that worked with the pattern, but I did end up going all the way to Fabric Depot. Fabric Depot is the Mecca of all fabric stores. Over an acre of fabric! It's fantastic, and now that I live in Portland it's less than 30 minutes away.

I loved the pattern. It's the Flower Garden Pillow. She does amazing work, and I would love to purchase all her patterns. Her use of color is amazing. As soon as I get a job, I'll snatch up First Day of Christmas. They are easy patterns but oh so cute! And they're tons of fun to make. She does workshops and classes, but unfortunately for me she's in Australia! That's a bit too far for me. I'll just have to work on her patterns instead.

This was my first time freeform quilting and doing applique, and I think it turned out really well. The binding had issues, so I need to practice my binding methods. For the back I used two blue buttons from my thrifty button stash. I was very impressed with my edge stitching. I'm going to have to make more pillows. My mother loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. She started using it immediately, and it's on her couch right now.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...