Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ireland Scrapbook

I'm almost done with the redesign of this blog. I haven't decided yet whether I like the shade of blue in the background. I thought this would be a great time to update my blog with some of the projects I've done that never made it here. I'll also be going through the older posts and seeing if I can't replace some of the images that used to be on Vox many years ago.

The first project is one I made for her birthday last year. In early January 2009 I went to Northern Ireland to present my paper in a Gender, Politics and Religion conference. While I was there I took lots and lots of photos. I think I ended up with 14 rolls of 36 exposure slides. Yes, I shot film. I was taking a film class at the time which required a film camera and I was too poor to afford a DSLR.

My mother wants to go to Ireland, but has never been able to. I thought I would make her a scrapbook of Northern Ireland so that she could go there without buying a plane ticket. While I grew up scrapbooking, this was my first scrapbooking project as an adult. I was very pleased with how it turned out. If I took more pictures of friends and myself I would definitely have to take up scrapbooking. I really enjoyed it but I take artistic photos, I don't usually take candids.

This was the title page.

Here's some of the other pages I did.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...