Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm going insane!

So I think I'm going insane. I want to knit. I have 10, read it again, 10 projects I want to knit.

So what's the problem, right? I have all these patterns, all the upcoming project ideas, what could possibly be hindering me?

One word.

Money.

I am dead broke. Broke as in I have $20 to my name kind of broke. I don't have any money that I can use to spend on yarn.

You see, I have yarn, don't get me wrong. I'm making the Slytherin scarf with wool, and I have crochet thread if I want to try my hand at fine lace. I also have fun-fur (for presents) and I have cotton.

The problem is, now I'm obsessed with wool. I didn't used to be, this is a pretty new thing. My skin is uber sensitive, so I can count on one hand the number of times I have worn wool. But I've found wool that doesn't make me itchy. Believe it or not, my skin is actually okay with Cascade 220, which is a pretty low-grade wool (compared to the Pierrot Print from Madil I got from my sister at Christmas. GORGEOUS! I have to find something that will only use one skein though, its $30 a skein).

So I need a wool fix, but don't have the suppplies. Normally, I'd go to the thrift store and buy sweaters to frog, except that I don't even have enough money for that.

Grgh! I have to get a job, if only to feed my yarn addiction.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...