Thursday, December 02, 2010

Carousel vs Turnip - or How do I decide what to do?

Carousel or Turnip, that is the question. Okay, so a little explanation might be needed here. I am trying to decide on my next project. The pirate santa is nearly completed. The entire illustration is done, and all that is left to do is the words. As I'm so close to being finished it's time to start a new project.

I really want to make a carousel hoop. I'm working towards having a hoopla wall, and I think a carousel would be a fantastic addition. They are beautiful and colorful. It doesn't hurt that when I was a little kid I was obsessed with them and frequently collected them. I had carousel statues, carousel music boxes, and even had carousels stenciled on the walls of my room. Now I'm 22, and it's been many years since I have enjoyed carousels or had them in my room. My taste has changed, and I'm very proud of the way my room is decorated. It's very adult and colorful, very me.
Now that I've been away from them long enough, I'm thinking it's time to bring a carousel into the decor. I hunted down a bunch of photos of carousel horses I liked. I know I want a white horse with an ornate saddle and blanket.

Or I could go a completely different direction. I am a huge British TV addict. More than half the TV shows I own are British. About a fifth of the movies I own are British as well. In my perusal of all things British one particular tv show kept popping up. Blackadder. I've known of it's existence for years. However, I have this thing about movies pre-1987. It's excruciating to watch them. I cannot get past 'old' special effects. I just can't. I become so focused on the special effects that I completely tune out the movie. Blackadder started in 1983, so I avoided it. Then I somehow stumbled upon a clip of Rowan Atkinson on YouTube. He was playing the Blackadder character and was absolutely hilarious.

I quickly watched all of Blackadder, all 5 seasons. It was fantastic. I really want to make an embroidery of one of the quotes in that show. Specifically, "It's my dream turnip".

Decisions, decisions.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...