Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beginnings of a Quilt

The quilt is officially in the works! I've bought the fabric, and even started cutting. It's going to be a very bright quilt, with black as the faux sashing. The darker green in this photo is a more of a lime than an olive, but no matter how I messed with the white balance of the photo I couldn't get it to turn out correctly.

For the top I need to cut 98 squares (10 strips) out of four different colors, and 392 squares of black (40 strips). This of course doesn't include the two borders, but I'll cut those out later, as a break in between sewing all these blocks together. I've already cut out the darker green (a bit of a dark lime green color) and made them into blocks! This morning I cut out the dark blue strips, but haven't made them into squares yet. I was hoping to do that and cut out the lime green tonight, but work was so crazy today I was exhausted by the time I came home.

My iron has also turned brown, because I've been a bad sewer and have been using tap water rather than distilled. So I'm going to try a variety of remedies I've heard about in order to fix it. My iron's a cheapie iron that I got because my dad bought it for my sister when she went to college but she never used it. Hence, it is now mine, and although it's a cheapie, it does the job. It just consumes water like none other, which is why I've been using tap instead of distilled. Since I don't want to ruin my iron, it's time to switch back to what I should have been doing all along.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...