Thursday, July 02, 2009

Update: Knitting

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't posted to this blog in a very long time. Life kind of went to hell for a while. It got so bad that I hadn't touched my knitting in months. I was just so stressed out about everything that I just didn't have the energy nor the inclination to pick up my knitting. But life is better now, so craftiness resumes!

My sister has an adorable little kitty named Alice. Alice is the tiniest full grown kitty I've ever seen. She's about 2 years old (I think). My sister wants me to have Alice. So in a few weeks, I'll have a kitty and there will be many gratuitous kitty pictures! Every knitter/sewer needs a kitty supervisor! I'm extremely animal-oriented, so I'm absolutely psyched. I'm going to spoil her rotten.

In the spirit of spoiling her rotten, I knitted her a Kitty Pi. It was a quick and easy knit that used nearly all of my remaining bits of Cascade 220. It's double stranded, so the sides stand up well. It's a bit big for Alice, because she's so tiny, but better big than too small, right? Besides, I'm switching Alice to a high protein, no corn, no preservatives, no byproducts food, so I'm assuming she'll gain a little weight.

I really love the top part of the sides. I used 2 strands of white Cascade 220, a strand of lime green di.Ve' Cipria that was on clearance for $2.00 several years ago, and a blue skein of Trendsetter Yarns Spruce I bought in Vienna. I used 7 different colors of Cascade 220, and then the two decorative yarns.

Let's see, what else. The Goddess Knits Mystery Shawl is on hold for a while. I was working solely on that before I took my hiatus from knitting. Instead, I've been working on finishing my Kimono shawl. Not much to show, as it's the same pattern repeats over and over.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...