Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I've been on a bit of a hat kick lately...

First, I blame it all on the friend I visited up in Seattle. She is actually the person who inspired me to knit in the first place, even though she mostly crochets. She was over at my house about 6 years ago, and she brought both a knitting and a crochet project. She taught me to crochet, but we never got around to knitting. I really wanted to learn though, so after picking up a basic beginner knitting pamphlet at Joann's and failing to even get past the cast on I decided to take a beginners knitting course. And then my addiction began.

I went to visit her, and of course brought along some yarn and needles, even though I had no idea what I wanted to make. We decided to make hats (using different patterns), and she worked on this really cute cabled hat. It's kind of funny, as she is an extremely advanced crocheter. She seriously makes the most gorgeous stuff, and now I don't even remember how to crochet, but I'm an advanced knitter. So I showed her how to cable without a cable needle and admired the cool crochet blankets she's made since I'd last seen her.

The first hat I made was the triangle hat, using the Vegamot pattern. It was a very quick knit, and I finished it that weekend.


I even had time that weekend to start this hat, which I finished soon thereafter.


And tonight I finished the Knotty but Nice hat, in purple. Photos to soon follow. But of course I couldn't be satisfied with three hats, so I've cast on for what I'm calling the Snowflake hat, since I'm not doing the 'naughty' side.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...