Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pirate Santa

Here's what I've been working on this week.

I got this pattern from UrbanThreads, which is incredibly awesome. They have some great patterns. I had a heck of a time trying to transfer this pattern onto the navy. I use my black sulky transfer pen to transfer my embroidery designs, but the navy is too dark for the black pen. So I tried my white sulky pen for the first time. Yuck. I spent over 10 minutes just trying to get the ink to start. Once I did, I traced the design and then ironed it to the fabric. It did not transfer well at all. I spent more than double the time ironing the design than I do with the black, and it still didn't work. The lines were jagged and so interrupted that it was unsuitable for embroidery. I tried going over the lines in chalk, then I tried a blue wash out pen. Still no luck.

In the end I used my trusty black transfer pen. The lines were clean, but the navy is so dark that it was a lot harder to see the lines. I need to find a white transfer pen that works. Until I do, I'll be sticking to lighter fabrics.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...